1) CAFFARELLA & APPIAN WAY PARK
The Caffarella Valley extends from the Ancient Appian street to Via Latina.
It takes its name from the family Caffarelli, owner of the large estate of the valley (Casale Caffarelli is the sixteenth century).
The Caffarella is an alluvial valley created by the river Almone.
It's all in the municipality of Rome and is part of the assets of the Appian Way Regional Park.
It is full of water, which emerges from aquifers and springs.
The name originates from the unification of existing estates therein implemented in 500 by the Roman family Caffarelli.
This family in previous years had grown to the point of having a huge estate that wound its way from Rome to Ardea along the Appian way and Ardeatina inside the Roman countryside and included, in addition to the existing fleet of the "Caffarella," the estates Valley Lata, Tufetto, Carroceto, Campo del Fico and Casalazzara, acquired with a deed March 30, 1461 by Antonio Caffarelli so evaded the powerful Colonna family which, however, kept Ardea and political dominance over the entire southern Lazio and its centers.
The park is currently one of the largest green spaces in Rome and among the largest urban parks in Europe, there are the so-called Constantinian Columbarium, the Nymph Egeria, a few farms.
WEB SITE: http://www.caffarella.it/
Address: Via Appia Pignatelli, Roma
2) TIBER CYCLING PATH
The route over the Tiber represents one of the major backbones to support the local area network system of mobility within urban neighborhoods.
Alternative to car use, joins the "Project Tiber" experimental navigation and tourist line of the river, particularly from Duca d'Aosta bridge to Descent of Anguillara and from Ripa Grande to Marconi bridge.
The sections of the bike path interference with the landing there are those on the right bank of Ponte Risorgimento, Descent of Anquillara and Ripa Grande.
Part of the trail built on the occasion of the Football World Cup in 1990, while the one that goes Risorgimento bridge to Sublicio bridge, traced on the banks of the river, is of recent construction.
Entrances: Via di Ponte del Castel Giubileo, Saxa Rubra, Tor di Quinto, Ponte Milvio, Viale Angelico, Piazza Maresciallo Giardino, Lungotevere Oberdan, Matteotti bridge, Descent of Anguillara, Sublicio bridge (Ripa Grande), Testaccio bridge, Lungotevere Pietra Papa, Via della Magliana, Ponte della Magliana, Via del Cappellaccio, Tor di Valle.
The access starway to the quay of Cavour bridge, Umberto bridge, Sisto bridge, Descent of Anguillara, are equipped with cable ducts.
Lunghezza totale: Km 34,8
The park of Villa Borghese, one of the largest in Rome, it is bordered by nine inputs that allow access from the central districts of the city, Pinciano, Flaminio and Salary.
The villa's name comes from the first residence of Cardinal Scipione Borghese, the "Casino Nobile," had built at the beginning of the seventeenth century and designed by Flaminio Ponzio and John Vasanzio and turned into a museum in the twentieth century, one of the most prestigious collections of works 'art from the sixteenth to the eighteenth century, with masterpieces by artists such as Raphael, Titian, Caravaggio, Bernini and Canova.
Villa Borghese is home to many historical buildings contemporaries , such as the Casino Graziano, Casino Giustiniani, the Aviary and the Meridian with the wonderful secret gardens, restored according to the original seventeenth-century structure, is home to numerous nineteenth-century neoclassical buildings such as the Casino and the Clock the Fortezzuola, the large Lake Garden, redesigned and built in 1786 by Antonio Asprucci , characterized by a romantic artificial island , dominated by the Temple of Aesculapius, reached by a short boat trips.
The Villa is equipped with facilities for leisure , play, and cultural diffusion : the Parsonage Museum , home-studio artist Pietro Canonica , the Casino of Raphael with a playroom for children, the Casina delle Rose with the House of Cinema, the eclectic zoo recently converted into Bio-park, the Orangery transformed into the new Museo Carlo Bilotti with works of contemporary art.
Close to Piazza di Siena, was set up a large circular pavilion theater, the Globe Theater, modeled on Elizabethan theaters, associated with the programming of Shakespeare.
Address: Via Aldrovandi, Via Raimondi (2 ingressi), Via Pinciana (2 ingressi), Piazzale San Paolo del Brasile, Piazzale Flaminio, Piazzale Cervantes
Time: The park is always open
The Walk of the Janiculum, where you can enjoy one of the most beautiful views of the historic center of Rome, is made up of two main avenues by plane, coasting the Villa Aurelia, who gather in the square Garibaldi to continue in the same road that descends winding towards the church of St. Onofrio, made to complete the walk in 1939.
The area was the scene of the heroic events of the fighters for the Roman Republic in 1849, was transformed in 1883 by the new institutions in Italian public promenade and dedicated to the memory of Defence of Rome.
At the edges of the paths are the busts of Garibaldi's famous who fought for the defense of Rome in 1849.
Address: Via Giuseppe Garibaldi, salita di Sant'Onofrio
Time: always open
The Coppedè is a complex of buildings situated in Rome, in the Trieste district, between Piazza Buenos Aires and Via Tagliamento.
While not exactly a quarter, was so named by the same architect who designed it.
It consists of eighteen buildings and between buildings and twenty-seven buildings arranged around the central core of Piazza Mincio.
The main entrance of Coppedè, side by Via Tagliamento, is represented by a large arch that connects the two buildings.
Shortly before the arc is a shrine with a statue of the Madonna and Child. Under the arch, as well as two balconies, there is a large wrought iron chandelier.
The arch is decorated with numerous architectural elements, which have the characteristic of being arranged asymmetrically.
Past the arch you reach Piazza Mincio, the center of the neighborhood. In the middle of the square stands the Fountain of the Frogs, built in 1924. The fountain consists of a central tank, of a few centimeters higher than the road level, with four pairs of figures, each of which supports a shell on which is located a frog from which gushes water inside the tub.
From the center of the fountain stands a second tank, about two meters high, the edge of which is surmounted by eight other frogs.
The arch surmounting the entrance of the building located at number 2 of the square is a faithful reproduction of a set of the 1914 film Cabiria .
Because of its unique architecture the Coppedè was chosen by director Dario Argento as a backdrop for some scenes of his movie Hell and The Bird with the Crystal Plumage .
In one of the houses in the neighborhood had its home in Rome the tenor Beniamino Gigli.
In Via Tanaro embassy is located in South Africa, via Brenta , is that of Bolivia.
The interior of living were divided from the areas of the private sphere as if to form the " District of receipt 'and' Shrines of private life ." Cottages in the Florence of the Fairies is enhanced with an inscription " Fiorenza 're beautiful " and with decorations by Florentine Dante and Petrarch.
Instead, the side of Via Brenta is dedicated to Venice with a lion of St. Mark. The Palace of the spider sings to work through the decoration depicting a knight with the word 'labor'.